How do I connect my computer to the ESU Wireless Network in Windows 7?
Connecting to the ESU Wireless Network - Microsoft Windows 7
NOTE All Pictures Referenced in this document are attached at the end of the document.
1) Right click on the Network and Sharing Center icon located at the bottom right hand corner of your desktop by your clock(Picture1)
2) From the menu that will appear, click on “Open Network and Sharing Center”(Picture2)
3) Click on the Manage wireless networks option in the upper left hand corner of the Network and Sharing Center window.(Picture3)
4) Click on the Add option in the upper left corner of the Manage Wireless Networks window to add an ESU Wireless Network Profile to your computer:(Picture4)
5) Next Click on the Manually create a network profile option to begin creating the ESU Network Profile.(Picture5)
6) At the profile creation screen type in the SSID name of ESU in all caps and then select WPA2-Enterprise in the Security type drop down box. Then select AES in the Encryption type drop down box and then click next at the bottom of the window. It should look like this(Picture6)
7) You will see a message advising that the connection was successfully added, at this screen click the change connection settings option as shown here:(Picture7)
8) Next click on the security tab in the upper left hand corner of the ESU Wireless properties window(1), and then select Microsoft Protected EAP in the network authentication method drop down box(2). Then make sure the remember my credentials for this connection check box is unchecked(3). Now next to “Protected EAP (PEAP)” select the Settings button(4) like this:(Picture8)
9) On the Protected EAP Properties window remove the check mark next to Validate server certificate and Enable Fast Reconnect. Then make sure secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is selected in the Select Authentication drop down box and finally click the Configure button next to the drop down box like this:(Picture9)
10) Remove the check mark next to “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) and click OK .(Picture10)
11) From the "ESU Wireless Network Properties" window click the "Advanced settings" button in the lower left corner of the screen.
12) On the "Advanced settings" screen, under the 802.1x tab, place a check mark in the box next to "Specify authentication mode" (1) then select "User authentication" from the drop down menu directly below the check mark box (2). Now click the "Save credentials" button (4).
13) On the "Windows Security" screen, enter your BuzzIn user name and password into the appropriate fields then click the "OK”.
14) This takes you back to the "Advanced settings" window and you can click the "OK" button at the bottom of the screen.
15) This returns you to the "ESU Wireless Network Properties" window and you can click the "OK" button at the bottom of the screen.
16) You should now return to the "Manually connect to a wireless network" screen where you can click the "Close" button at the bottom of the window. (picture 10)
17) You will now be back on the Desktop screen and should click on the network icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen and then choose "ESU" out of the list of available networks. Now click to check the box marked “connect automatically” then click the “Connect” button to connect to the ESU Wireless network.
You should now be connected to the ESU Wireless Network. If you require further assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at 620-341-5555.